Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,937   Online: 1102

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

desperately seeking 4x5" light box for ilford MG500 head

Hello everyone,
    I want to buy described item and need any help with it.
    Thanks in advance,
    karol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try: http://www.odyssey-sales.com/

They may have spares? They fixed the PSU for my MG setup.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could also try Lightwave who have serviced Ilford heads and may still do.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank You Guys,
    I wrote emails for this places. Hope they have one for me, cos I'm trying to avoid making it by myself...
    Regards,
    karol

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Karol, you will need to state what sort of enlarger you are using. I bought an MG500 head that was used on an Omega and had to get a different mounting plate and mixing box so that I could use it on my Beseler 45. The Beseler mixing box is a two part contraption while the Omega one was just one part.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try second-hand darkroom supplies - Oxford way. He may be able to help...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Burley View Post
    Try second-hand darkroom supplies - Oxford way. He may be able to help...
    That's www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk. You could also try http://www.mrcad.co.uk.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Karol, you will need to state what sort of enlarger you are using. I bought an MG500 head that was used on an Omega and had to get a different mounting plate and mixing box so that I could use it on my Beseler 45. The Beseler mixing box is a two part contraption while the Omega one was just one part.
    Dear Paul,
    thank You very much for this post.
    My enlarger is Durst Elite (motorized version of Laborator 1200). But I didn't found in manual for 500H any mounts for mixing box 4x5"... Am I right?
    best regards,
    karol

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Karol, the only copy of the manual I have is the downloaded one from Ilford. This doesn't mention the sizes of the mixing boxes or the mounts. I suspect that each enlarger manufacturer made their own mount and mixing boxes with Ilford supplying the rest. Was the head already on your enlarger or did you buy it separately?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    Hi Karol, the only copy of the manual I have is the downloaded one from Ilford. This doesn't mention the sizes of the mixing boxes or the mounts. I suspect that each enlarger manufacturer made their own mount and mixing boxes with Ilford supplying the rest. Was the head already on your enlarger or did you buy it separately?
    My manual (page 47) states " Light mixing boxes: 3 sizes available for negative sizes - up to 35mm (small), from 35 mm to 6x7 cm (medium) and from 6x7cm to 4x5 inches (large)
    Note: Light mixing boxes are supplied as part of the adaptor kit to suit each enlarger".
    So if your enlarger accommodates 4x5 a large mixing box would have been supplied with the adaptor kit.
    If you do find one take care it is right for your enlarger; the "drop" from the register plate varies so that the bottom of the box sits immediately above the negative, and varies from a few mm to 2 or 3 cm. The wrong size means if drop is too small there will be excessive light spill; too deep and it will snag on the negative holder. The height above the register plate is always the same, so that the light shine directly into the apertures in the box.
    Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin