Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,269   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ilford Cibachome-A filters

Can they be used to print B&W negs. on RC paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Assuming we're talking about what I think we're talking about, the Cibachrome filters will be colour filters (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow.) (I've never used official 'Cibachrome' filters, but I've used regular colour filters in my B&W enlarger for printing Cibachrome/Ilfochrome.)

These are not the same as a set of Multigrade filters for printing on variable-contrast B&W paper (which is what I assume you mean by 'on RC paper,') BUT at a push you should be able to use combinations of colour filters to reproduce the Multigrade filter equivalent.

For example, the Ilford documentation gives the equivalent of each Multigrade filter as colour filtration settings for various enlargers; you could use this to try and work out equivalents.

Just buying a set of Multigrade filters would probably be easier though :-).

Apologies if I've got completely the wrong end of the stick, by the way!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your bang on Tim.
    I wanted to include a set of filters with the enlarger I'm selling.Guess I should hold onto the Cibachrome-A and tell the buyer to pick up a set of multigrade.

Thanks

kand
    Can they be used to print B&W negs. on RC paper?

Yes. I have with much success

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin