Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,835   Online: 770

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Recommend and enlarger for 6x7, 6x6, & 35

Hi All,

I'm getting ready to get my bathroom darkroom rolling and need an enlarger. It has to do 6x7, 6x6, and 35 and not be hernia inducing when moved.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beseler 23, as they are fine quality, fairly small and light, extremely common, and dirt cheap if not free. If you find something better down the road, go for it and ditch the Beseler, but it will certainly get you started quickly and cheaply.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Images
    Good Evening, Jim,

The Beseler 23 will actually take you to 6 x 9. Carriers and boards are easily available.

Long term, given the extremely low prices of used enlargers these days, going directly to a 4 x 5 enlarger makes even more sense, unless space is an absolutely critical factor. There are lots of previous threads and posts on this topic; it should be easy to get a variety of suggestions and opinions.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd agree with the 23C suggestion. It's funny, after playing with my Elwood 5x7 and 8x10 enlargers at home, when I print at school, the 23's almost look cute, tiny in fact.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Hi All,

I'm getting ready to get my bathroom darkroom rolling and need an enlarger. It has to do 6x7, 6x6, and 35 and not be hernia inducing when moved.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Jim
    BTW, I am close to that one advertised here in L.A. in the APUG classifieds. I have already told the seller that I am interested, but if you decide it is worth your while to pay to have it shipped, I will take care of the process for you, since I already have an enlarger, and this would just be for solarization and flashing for me (and I also want the timer, and all the neg. carriers are a big plus). However, I would venture to guess that there will be a similar deal in your neck of the woods without too much waiting.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 67

I like my Beseler 67.

See my comments in the adjacent thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/5...tml#post745704

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Hi All,

Jim
    23C isn't really a compact or light enlarger. Many have used it for bathroom setups but the 67C or Omega 760 is more compact.
    In either case neither is heavy but if you're manhandling it the 67C or 760 would be less bulky to work through a door or set up on a sink etc.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jim -

If you are interested in a Beseler 23c, I have one in the classifieds here:

http://www.apug.org/classifieds/show...1&cat=4&page=1

I will ship it to you if you are interested. It has negative carriers and a timer.
    Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love my LPL/Saunders 7700MX - I'm even able to print 6x9 with an adapted universal neg mask. Head rotates for extra large printing (not that I've needed to just yet). Colour head, Rodenstock lenses (50mm & 105mm) and it's perfect. Cost me $695 for the enlarger, but I've since since seen them in Australia for as little as $350.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ozphoto View Post
    ...I'm even able to print 6x9 with an adapted universal neg mask.
    oz, i won't sleep now, you have to tell me--just how? are you talking about the 6x7 "universal glass carrier"?

jim, yes, LPL 6700 highly recommended (i think they must be called something else in every country they're distributed in). perfect for the setting you describe. colour head very handy for variable contrast paper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin