Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,598   Online: 1128

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xtolsniffer View Post
    Most spec sheets recommend 90-105 for a 6x7 negative, though many people use 80mm. I use an 80mm schneider componon-s (intended for 6x4.5 and 6x6), and it works fine on 6x7 for me.
    me too. For smaller prints, I use a 100mm so the enlarger head is not so close to the baseboard.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I confused...80mm may or may not cover the negative and a 105mm will project too large an image???? Help!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I confused...80mm may or may not cover the negative and a 105mm will project too large an image???? Help!
    I think you might be confusing two of the previous posts.

tleirto said that the 105mm provided too little magnification for 6x7 and his enlarger

optique responded and said that a 150mm provided too much magnificatio for the much larger 4x5 negative and his enlarger

IIRC, your enlarger won't take 4x5, so it makes no sense to consider 150mm lenses

If you have a long enough column, a 105mm lens might fill your needs, but 90mm or 100mm would be better.

As mentioned, an 80mm that covers will often work well too, but may not be quite as convenient.

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin