Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,535,001   Online: 1039

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree with Vaughn and Ooze. Light, even skies are beautiful and are much more difficult to achieve. As Ooze mentions, Robert Adams is a master of these kinds of subtle skies.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    Thanks Evan. I had purchased the ND gradient set from Lee to do the same thing, but the gradient filters in colors seems quite unique. Is the set made by Lee as well?

Ed
    Hi,
    No, they are Hitech made by Formatt. I bought them from 2filter.com. the link is: http://www.2filter.com/prices/Hitech/Hitech4x4.html . I bought the #3 yellow, #3 orange and #3 red 4x5". They are the equivalent of normal strong contrast filters, scroll down the page to find them. I also combine them with ND grad filters depending on how much I want to knock down the highlight contrast ( I always meter the shadow on Zone4)..Evan Clarke

Thanks...if I am looking at the correct items they are certainly costly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cokin makes similar filters. I don't know what kind of camera you're using, but the "A" and "P" series of filters are reasonably priced. They are not glass, but they work fine and cost a lot less. I use the "P" series because they fit all my Nikkor lenses as well as Hasselblad and large format gear. Check to see which sizes fit your gear. Find info here: http://www.cokin.com/ico3-p0.html.
    Frank Schifano

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin