Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,630   Online: 803

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

First Darkroom Prints!

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting (I think, I can't remember posting before!) and first time printing! Just wanted to share my first photographs with you. It was such an exciting process, if it weren't for my busy studies at the moment I'd be right back in my local darkroom but as it is I'll have to wait till next thursday .

Anyway, without further ado, here they are in order of creation! (Sorry about the subject matter, I'm an architecture student)

The scans really don't do the prints justice, coming from digital I really was surprised how beautifully they came out. Anyway I think the last one's my favorite, but feel free to pick your own!

All the best. Jacob

(P.S I hope I've posted the images right.)

Shooter
    35mm
    so what kind of film/developer/camera is it?

Shooter
    35mm
    They show great promise, stunning really, for a first effort. Much better than my first prints. Congrats! Welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! Yeah I was really pleased with them but it wasn't all me,this is my second week at a black and White photography class. Last week was film processing and contact printing. Anyway I think I got a huge head start just through regularly reading these forums and watching your videos on YouTube!

As for the technical side, they were all shot on FP4 with an old pentax mg and 24mm 2.8 lens, in fact it's the very first camera my dad used to learn photography decades ago. Developed with ilford chemicals (ilfosol 3 for the film) on kentmere rc 5x7 paper.

Can't wait to wade through the backlog of negatives I've been shooting for the last few years and see what else I come up with!

Jacob

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They are printed very well. Nice job. Are you using Variable Contrast filters? I started out without them (bad idea.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Good job! I'm hopeing to do my first prints soon also. I hope mine turn out that good!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jacob,

Are you taking a photography module related to your architecture course?

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well done for your first go, Jacob. I love the graffiti pieces. Welcome to APUG.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not only are your prints rather good (I look forward to doing some one day soon) but your composition and over all eye for this type of photography is also rather good.

Welcome to a great community

Jason

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very well done. Give up digital and come join us permanently.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin