Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,682   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adorama will actually ship the Edwal film cleaner:

http://www.adorama.com/Search-Result...film%20cleaner

Calumet will ship the pec 12:

http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?ac.u...h&query=pec-12
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

tbm
    Shooter
    35mm
    For quick cleaning of a negative, I dip a Q-tip in Edwal's negative cleaner and run it back and forth over the negative's surfaces; then I inspect the negative with my 6x Schneider loupe. If the loupe inspection still shows a previously visible artifact (especially on decades-old negatives), I again rub the negative with the Q-tip.

To get an artifact off of a negative another way, I mix a bit of Photo-flo in 75 degree water, dunk the negative in that a few times, and rub both sides of the negative with clean fingers until the artifact loosens. Then I rinse the negative and hang it on a clothes pin in my darkroom to dry. (I always process my just-exposed negatives in Microdol-X at 75 degrees, so that temperature is safe.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Any guesses as to what these negative cleaning solutions consist of?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a micro-fibre cloth or a Q-tip with a little lighter fluid to wipe off the stubborn schmutz that won't come off with compressed air. I put the neg in the holder before I clean it.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Any guesses as to what these negative cleaning solutions consist of?
    Tetrachloroethylene is a commonly used chemical in these cleaners. You should avoid skin contact, have good ventilation and use sparingly. A 4 oz bottle goes a long ways. It is not particularly dangerous to use if you follow appropriate precautions.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin