Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,783   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    mmm there is not a huge amount of space to fit the level on the neg carrier.
    I am tempted to fit it with some sellotape somehow.
    on a note aside. can it all depend from a curved neg of HP5??
    I placed some negs under heavy books, I will check them asap.
    again, thanks for your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A spirit level is a good way to check for alignment. Checking the top of the light box is useless. It doesn't need to be perfectly level, and often isn't. Things to check are:
    • The baseboard. This doesn't need to be level, but you must be able to determine just how much off level it is. Check it side to side, front to back, and along both diagonals. Everything else must be parallel to the baseboard.
    • The lens board. This needs to be parallel to the baseboard.
    • The negative carrier. This needs to be parallel to the baseboard and the lens board. Check it the same way, side to side, front to back, and both diagonals.

Fun, huh? It's not as bad as it sounds.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There is another way of doing this but it is considerably more money

Buy yourself a Parallel - http://www.versalab.com/server/photo...s/parallel.htm

I have one - wonderful thing - it can detect much smaller misalignment than you can detect using your Focus Finder

Fred Newman sells them through his View Camera Store - http://www.viewcamerastore.com/produ...products_id=57

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin