Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,793   Online: 1000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I exposed a sheet to a small exposure under my enlarger with no negative carrier, for about 1/15th of the time that I used for printing. My theory was that the spots might not show up if no exposure at all was given.
    I think the suggestion to develop an unexposed sheet was a good one. If the spots show up, it's a paper issue. If the sheet develops without spots, it's another issue.

BTW, don't worry about the "microscopic" edge exposure, as long as there isn't exposure into the sheet. You can trim it, or, if you mat it, it won't be seen.
    Last edited by eddie; 03-30-2009 at 12:59 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added a comment

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm not sure how to make best use of it; I could cut it down and use it for contact sheets+proofs+test strips. I still find the spots a bit puzzling.[/QUOTE]

Cut in half to make 7x11s, 11x14 film can be used for printing full-frame 35mm.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure how to make best use of it.
    Use it to show digital technoids the wonders and magic of a darkroom. On second thought, forget them, and use it to introduce youngsters to real photography through photograms. If you have a large-format camera, you can even use it to make paper negatives from it. Then contact print them to make positives, just like Fox Talbot did in the early 1800s. Kids love this stuff! It's a sure way to get them off their game boys.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Third, 35mm sucks.
    Try using microfilm! Adox CMS 20 at freestyle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin