Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,909   Posts: 1,521,575   Online: 797

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Beseler 45S with Graded Paper

Newbie asking for advice regarding how to use 45S with graded paper (Ilford Galerie or Oriental Seagull). I believe that the graded paper really is meant for "white" (unfiltered) light. Can good results be obtained with the 45S and graded paper or should I stick with vc paper instead?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, just turn all dials zero and you will be set. Filtration will not harm grade paper, but it may just act like an ND filter. I use a Beseler 45 computer dichro head with them turned to 0 for graded paper and it works slick.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks Andrew.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Mark, just turn all dials zero and you will be set. Filtration will not harm grade paper, but it may just act like an ND filter. I use a Beseler 45 computer dichro head with them turned to 0 for graded paper and it works slick.
    Andrew,

I noticed that you got a great deal on the Universal light source. I always wanted to try one of those.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the spectral sensitivity of Ilford GradedILFOBROM GALERIE FB (same curve for all grades). It has greatest sensitivity in the 400-450nm range (cyan), but if you are printing with a subtractive system, putting any filter between your light source and the paper will either have no effect (cyan) or make the print times longer (red).
    Last edited by ic-racer; 03-30-2009 at 09:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jerold, Yes I got a deal on the Universal 45 color head. Cannot wait to try it out.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ralph Lambrecht has some handy references to get started on his Library page at this site:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/
    Craig Schroeder

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin