Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,570   Posts: 1,545,484   Online: 1226

Shooter
    Medium Format

Help seting up a Beseler 45 with dichro computer

Hello, I have just purchased a beseler 45 with a dichro computer and I have several questions since I have never used one.
    I will use it for BW 6x6 negatives, I have a timer from my little beseler cadet and it has one place to plug the lamp, but the enlarger has two cords one just for the lamp and another for the motor that raises the head and for the fan/computer? do I join the two and conect to the timer?
    The computer has a setting either for "density" or "filtration" what is this for?
    I understand (very little) that for BW the yellow and magenta are used as contrast filters, for VC paper where do I start in amounts of each one?
    I know its many questions but thank you for your help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5711.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by luis ducoing View Post
    I understand (very little) that for BW the yellow and magenta are used as contrast filters, for VC paper where do I start in amounts of each one?
    I know its many questions but thank you for your help
    KHB sells the manual for that head, you might want to check that out if you did not get the manual.
    Check the datasheets for the papers you are using. Many times they will give a chart of Magenta and Yellow values to try. Otherwise, if you obtain a 21 step wedge you can make your own table.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Set the D/F switch to Filtration to get numbers in filtration units. The lamp cord goes to the timer, other cords go to the main outlet.

My manual gives a complete table of filtration for different papers. In my manual, 30M is listed as grade 2 for Ilford Multigrade paper. I find that this is close. I don't have the table available right now, sorry.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot!
    When I conect just the lamp cord to the timer and I press it to print the lamp does not go off (iluminate) when I conect both cords to the timer the lamp does iluminate to the set time, but the fan also shuts off with the lamp, do you think I need another timer? this one works ok with my other little enlarger. I will buy the manual and read all the posts in here regarding this enlarger, but since I am in mexico it will take some time before I get my hands on the manual

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my enlarger head has 2 cables. The one on the left goes to the timer enlarger socket, and the one on the right goes to the main socket on the wall. When I turn on the enlarger, the lights come on and the fan starts. When I start the timer, the light goes on, then off, but the fan keeps running constantly and the LEDs stay lit.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you, I got a new timer and this one works! now I just have to align the enlarger and start burning paper!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin