Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,677   Posts: 1,669,195   Online: 1140

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I teach a modified f-stop method to find base exposure. We don't have f/stop timers but a chart is posted. I resisted teaching the technique as the enlarger optics were 3 element with poor performance wide open. However, the f/stop method was easier for students to find the basic exposure. After I changed how I taught exposure I replaced 3 element Belar lenses with improved Nikkor glass. You make do with what you got in a community DR.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-11-2012 at 07:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    One of the reasons I started this thread Brad. I do find the concept of f/stop timing interesting and I wanted to read the views and opinions of other darkroom users whether they find the use of a dedicated f/stop timer to be worthwhile compared to using a regular enlarger timer.

this may help
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin