Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,035   Online: 878

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It doesn't sound as if you'll have sensitivity problems Dave! If you do, you can measure contrast either with the lens wide open and/or at a smaller print size. Then go to the desired magnification and aperture and with the meter set to the contrast grade you established previously, meter a shadow. Increase the exposure until the LED moves to the shadow end of the scale, and that's your exposure.

Thanks for your order, I'll get that out as soon as I can.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I teach a modified f-stop method to find base exposure. We don't have f/stop timers but a chart is posted. I resisted teaching the technique as the enlarger optics were 3 element with poor performance wide open. However, the f/stop method was easier for students to find the basic exposure. After I changed how I taught exposure I replaced 3 element Belar lenses with improved Nikkor glass. You make do with what you got in a community DR.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-11-2012 at 07:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott. View Post
    One of the reasons I started this thread Brad. I do find the concept of f/stop timing interesting and I wanted to read the views and opinions of other darkroom users whether they find the use of a dedicated f/stop timer to be worthwhile compared to using a regular enlarger timer.

this may help
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin