Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 716

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All you young whippersnappers with too much money! What's wrong the good old hourglass? 0 carbon footprint, doesn't break down, somewhat reliable, depending on humidity etc., and they come in unlimited sizes and colors!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    All you young whippersnappers with too much money! What's wrong the good old hourglass? 0 carbon footprint, doesn't break down, somewhat reliable, depending on humidity etc., and they come in unlimited sizes and colors!
    I like that idea! (For now)

Are they available in f-stop increments.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    Hourglass?! You techno-freak! Use a stick and a few marks on the ground and go solar! A sun dial is all you need!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the table on Ralph Lambrecht's wonderful website and book, and appreciate it greatly. I think that if you start using that, and find that it suits your approach, that you will likely really benefit from an f/stop timer (either brand)

I was looking at buying a DA timer rather than an RH Designs product (due to shipping costs, initial price, and similar financial concerns), but I ended up picking up an Omega D6 enlarger with an Ilford Multigrade 400 head and controller from Craigslist instead. I sure wish there was an interface or adapter.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Richard, can the RH Designs stop clock pro interface with a Beseler 45 universal head? I have one of these.
    I don't think it can because the light source has to be turned on by the integrated controller/timer in a closed loop process.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Use a stick and a few marks on the ground and go solar! A sun dial is all you need!

Vaughn
    In a darkroom?!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A vote for RH Designs Ilford 500 timer, but I DO use Ralph's tables for split grade printing when using the same head and the Ilford controller for contact printing only, which makes for a fairly simple roundabout f- stop procedure, however one which usually costs more paper than the RH Analyser Pro for projection printing.

A marginal thought: when I purchased the RH Analyser Pro I had some thought of the possibility of the Ilford controller deciding to die one day and leave the whole setup useless.

Regards - Ross

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Goodness gracious, people. The light source comes from above through the hole you've cut in the ceiling! As for the 'darkroom' aspect of which Richard speaks, I understand there is a period during rotation when the sun is not visible. For those overdeveloped negatives moonlight is the perfect source!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    There is a link to a converter www.xe.com on our ordering info page.
    On the topic of modern conveniences, I'll observe that Google does conversions as well. e.g. try searching for "10 GBP in USD". For Firefox users, know that you can jump straight to the search box via Ctrl-k (win)/Cmd-k (mac).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    What does an f-stop timer do that an ordinary timers doesn't? I guess I shoould read the book but, can somebody give a brief overview?
    I can offer this link:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/Publicat...stopTiming.pdf

It's an introduction but give you all you need to get started.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin