Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,452   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

C760 Super Chromega Dichroic

Hey all,

I just got back from a Goodwill visit. Saw a Polaroid 600 camera for $3, but the big haul from that trip was an Omega C760 with an omega timer (says auto exposure, not sure how that works) for $20.

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for the enlarger? I mostly plan to use the enlarger for 35mm, so I know I'll need to make my own negative carrier (no big deal). I have a 50mm lens for it.

Specifically, I'm looking for equivalents for B&W filter grades on the color head. After a while I'm sure I'll get a feel for it, but it would be nice to have a starting place.

Also, what are those light attenuators for? Would they mostly be useful for color work? I'm planning, at least for the now, just doing B&W work. 35mm mostly, but I may do some 6x7 now that I have that option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a manual, but filter grade equivalents are given in the package of VC paper.
    the attenuators are useful for decreasing the amount of light so that exposure times are long enough to be usable, it is very easy to have exposures get under 5 sec. with modern papers. Carriers are available on the auction site, but they will probably cost more for one than you paid for the enlarger.

Marty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might check amazon.com under manuals,I know you can get a lot of old manuals for older enlargers somewhere.I've got the c-700 super chromega, there pretty simple things. Ive' used cibachrome with it but mostly B&W 21/4 square up to 16X20.Graded paper on the B&W though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brofkand,I was thinking, the C-760 might be slightly different than the C-700.Mine does have those attenuators that you mentioned.

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a PDF of the manual linked below. Mine looks slightly different on the knobs for raising/lowering the head.

http://darkroompro.com/pdf/enlargers/omega_c760.pdf
    Last edited by Cymen; 04-17-2009 at 12:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, I just got through the manual. Thanks for that link, cymen!

So, the enlarger only came with a 6x7 mixing chamber. Is it that big of a deal that I'll need to try to find a 35mm mixing chamber?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the same enlarger- it's a good starter. Not sure about the mixing chamber (I have the 35mm and 6x7- never tried interchanging)- I *think* it may be too bright?????- There are plenty of the neg holders at either ebay or the various stores (B&H, etc). I'd take advantage of the 6x7 chamber and get an 80mm lens and a 6x6 neg holder and a cheap TLR (all this could probably be found for less than $200). You'd love enlarging this size of neg.

Tim
    If only we could pull out our brains and use only our eyes. P. Picasso

http://www.timbowlesphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    For the LPL 4x5 enlargers there are different diffusion chambers. The one for 4x5 works fine for MF but with slower exposure times as the light is more diffused with it would be with a MF diffusion chamber. So I'd suspect it would be the same with the C760. The chamber you have should work fine but if you had the 35mm chamber, the exposure times might be a bit quicker. Mine came with only the 35mm chamber.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The C700 and C760 use the same dichroic heads.
    Using the 6x7 chamber will be fine for 35mm, I have both and there seems to be very little difference in times.

The C760 uses different negative carriers and may not as easy to find.

Omega went back to the C700 and now it is there current C series enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great find!

Those light attenuators might let you have a longer exposure for dodging/burning without stopping down into the diffraction zone. However, if you are using a table of mixed M and Y values for constant-exposure printing, there will already be neutral density built in, so you may never use them, even if you had them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin