Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 787
      
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    naaldvoerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    587
    Images
    26

    Cleaning enlarger lens

    Today i cleaned my enlarger lenses with Zeiss cleaning fluid. This resulted in a measered increase in contrast range from 1,26 to 1,49 on a 11 step stepwedge. I knew smoking is a dirty habbit.........


    Jaap Jan

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London UK
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    Today i cleaned my enlarger lenses with Zeiss cleaning fluid. This resulted in a measered increase in contrast range from 1,26 to 1,49 on a 11 step stepwedge. I knew smoking is a dirty habbit.........


    Jaap Jan
    Yes but when your dead it doesn't matter what the contrast range is

    Cheers Dave

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    1,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dawson View Post
    Yes but when your dead it doesn't matter what the contrast range is

    Cheers Dave
    Just be thankful some of us are subsidizing your taxes.....at least for a little while..

    Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

  4. #4
    L Gebhardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NH - Live Free or Die
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    1,684
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    Just be thankful some of us are subsidizing your taxes.....at least for a little while..

    Bob H
    I'm not sure. I think smoking costs society more than is made up in taxes. I know my health insurance rates are higher because people smoke. Probably my taxes for the medicare/medicaid crowd of smokers too.

    edit:
    On second thought you might be saving me money by dying earlier and not using up social security.

  5. #5
    raucousimages's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    825
    I just bought a load of darkroom equipment from an older gent who is a life long pipe smoker. The lenses were a mess but everything was coated with a sticky brown film. I spent several hours using the darkroom sink to clean everything. The next day I was very sick. I think it was nicotine poisoning I got through my skin. I don't see how he was printing with those lenses.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

  6. #6
    Anscojohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,727
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by naaldvoerder View Post
    Today i cleaned my enlarger lenses with Zeiss cleaning fluid. This resulted in a measered increase in contrast range from 1,26 to 1,49 on a 11 step stepwedge. I knew smoking is a dirty habbit.........


    Jaap Jan
    ******
    Yeah, but blowing smoke on a print highlight can bring it down nicely.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

  7. #7
    raucousimages's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    ******
    Yeah, but blowing smoke on a print highlight can bring it down nicely.
    Nito-tone?
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Downers Grove Illinois
    Posts
    1,052
    You you see it all over the darkroom. Think what the insde of your body looks like !

    In addition to yuor lungs, it damages your eyes, makes your skin age and wrinke, and raises blood pressure causing heart attacks and stroke. I sure a doctor could name a few more things like emphasema and ling cancer.

    But keep it up. modern medicine is wonderful.

  9. #9
    naaldvoerder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    587
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    You you see it all over the darkroom. Think what the insde of your body looks like !

    In addition to yuor lungs, it damages your eyes, makes your skin age and wrinke, and raises blood pressure causing heart attacks and stroke. I sure a doctor could name a few more things like emphasema and ling cancer.

    But keep it up. modern medicine is wonderful.
    Thanks, Ronald, for showing your concerns. I am medicaly trained so I'm aware of the adverse effects of smoking. Being an amateur printer I wasn't yet aware of the risks to my enlarger lenses up till now.....

    Jaap Jan

  10. #10
    nicefor88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bruxelles, Belgique
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    250
    What about living in a polluted city. Can we sue anyone for that?



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin