Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,665   Online: 888

Shooter
    35mm

Prinz 66 Enlarger

I just recently got a Prinz 66 Enlarger do you guys know if it is any good, It seems to work perfectly, I am pretty new to developing and printing film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    In the end an enlarger is just a glorified lightbulb on a stand. If you have a good lens the quality would be much the same as that lens on another enlarger. Yours sounds like an orphan enlarger which would be hard to get parts for, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I just recently got a Prinz 66 Enlarger do you guys know if it is any good, It seems to work perfectly, I am pretty new to developing and printing film.
    Sold under a variety of names, made, I think, by Fujimoto, these enlargers have made many very good prints. Be sure to use a foot switch of some sort, because vibration is always a bit of a problem with enlargers not built like old Soviet tanks. Welcome to darkroom work. Enjoy.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to projection printing! As pointed out, that enlarger should be OK. Make some prints and if they don't come out ask here. Plenty of help available!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin