Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 711

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A Foot Switch is a great help for burning in - it leaves your hands free to hold the mask

Before I got a StopClock Pro (which bleeps) I used a metronome to count the seconds – an idea borrowed from AAs’ “The Print”

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome, thanks all for the valuable information, I will definitely look into f-stop timing!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    F-stop timing is like fly fishing. A lot of up front resistance, not wanting to let go of what you already know, then trying it, getting over the hump and no going back. Another vote for f-stop printing. It makes dodges and burns more intuitive also.

I saw Fred Picker's video recently (a good deal on DVD at Calumet and well worth watching). He standardized to a series of 3-second exposures which also makes good sense but not my preferred method.

Used timers are cheap. Even if you don't get an f-stop timer, get one with a metronome function so you don't have to watch the clock during dodges and burns.
    Agreed. Look at the 'Library' section at my site and scroll down to 'ClockDial' to find the poor-man's f/stop timer! It works with almost any analog timer, turning it into an f/stop timer. Not as convenient as the 'real' thing, but a lot cheaper!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin