Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,321   Online: 868

Shooter
    Medium Format

other lens on Durst M600

I recently picked up a Durst M600 that was complete for $15. Most of it is in good shape but it needs a bulb and one of the lens looks scratched. I know there is an issue with the durst of having the right lens holder for certain sizes of lens but I have both holders. Can I use other makers lens in this enlarger or is the Durst just such an odd ball that I'm stuck looking for a Durst replacement lens?

Thanks

Jeremiah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally the two most common mounts are Schneider(25mm) or Leica(39mm). Unless you were looking at odd lens.
    I believe that most recent lenses are 39mm size. The 25mm were more common 30 years ago but you still see them on occasion.
    Just check the diameter of the hole in the lens board. 25mm is about the size of a quarter so if it's larger it should be 39mm.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that enlarger takes SIXPLA, SIXTUB and SIXTIF lens boards that came with threads in both the sizes mentioned above ( 39mm and 25mm). So there are 6 lens supports that work on that enlarger.

So, use the SIXPLA for an 80mm lens, use the recessed SIXTUB for a 50mm lens and use the very recessed SIXTIF for a 30mm lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin