Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,454   Posts: 1,570,504   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    make sure your lens is wide open too.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Well, I opened up to 2.8. Focused by eye. Messed with the GF for a good ten min. Decided tp practice that later. I know focus is not spot on,but good enough for a test and two prints so far. More news as events warrant.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Best of luck! I struggled with the grain focuser the first few times too - the one tip I'd give is that it really does need to be directly below the lens, not off to either side, to work best. Don't worry if that's not a high contrast area of the picture - it's not the picture you're trying to focus on after all, it's the silver grains.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to reiterate, the focus does snap very rapidly in/out of focus so go slowly or you will miss it. The aforementioned idea of putting the mirror of the finder over a high contrast edge (which, annoyingly, must also be close to the centre) helps you to not over-shoot the focus. Slow film and a low enlargement factor can make for very fine grain which is even easier to miss.

If you see an elliptical view through the eyepiece then you are too far away from the centre and need to move the finder more directly under the lens.

Good hunting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One things I did when I first started printing was to get the focus as close as possible to properly focused as possible. that way, when I look in the grain focuser, I dont have to search really far for the focus. And always remember to place the focuser near a centered place with high contrast, because it makes life easier.
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I don't believe I had it centered under the lens due to comfort and space constraints. I'll try that next time. But I did print my fool, happy buttocks off. Five hours.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin