Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,743   Online: 1049

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black borders

Shooter
    35mm
    you could use a file to make the negative holder a bit larger. just a bit, it's a precision work.
    The Valoy used to have a slightly larger negative holder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Versamask is perfect for printing with black borders. I ordered my Versamask easel the other day from www.versamask.de , so it's still available if anyone is interested.

Regards,
    Philipp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I recall correctly Robert Vonk of Fotohuis used to sell a thing called a Versamask which was a metal easel with very accurate metal masks for 6x4, 5x7 10x8
    Unfortunately only available directly at the manufacturer in Germany only. By buying a metal insert for the mask you can make in two steps a perfect black border (e.g. fixed 2mm) in the mask. Versamask is not really expensive but all frames are laser cutted.

Otherwise with a 25x37mm carrier from your enlarger you will have a more artistic black line.

Here an example of the Dunco 67 II 25x37mm glasless carrier:

"Ertsgebirge" Germany-Czech Republic on Rollei ATP1.1 - RLC 1+5 (M7 Summicron 2,0/50mm)

Miss Alissa in the Rollei Pan 25 test. Versamask black border (2mm) on Fomabrom Variant FB paper.
    Rollei Pan 25, AM50 1+29. M7 + Summicron 2,0/50mm.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    My method to print black borders is to enlarge with a Leitz enlarger. I believe their negative carriers all print with borders. The cost of these great small format enlargers is modest when you consider their quality.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format

Miss Alissa in the Rollei Pan 25 test. Versamask black border (2mm) on Fomabrom Variant FB paper.
    Rollei Pan 25, AM50 1+29. M7 + Summicron 2,0/50mm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin