Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,708   Online: 704

Shooter
    35mm

Prinz 75mm enlarger lens

Hi all,

I've found a fairly cheap Prinz Autocrat 75mm 3.5 enlarger lens and I'd like to know if anybody out there knows anything about it. I got not long ago an Ilford Sporti medium format camera and thought I could get this bargain if it's worth it.

Thanks a lot!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Prinz lenses came on the enlargers of the same name; enlargers made by Fujimoto, I believe. I expect your Prinz lens is a triplet and would give acceptable results stopped down to f8 or f 11l. Try counting the reflections of an overhead light to ascertain the number of elements.

unless it is very cheap, my advice would be to put your coin into a better lens.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey, thanks John.

The seller asks for 19£. The Ilford camera I got is not very sharp either but I think with the proper subjects it could add a nice atmosphere. That's why I wouldn't go for a more expensive lens just know. I might go for it.

Thanks a lot!

Ivan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajwan View Post
    Hey, thanks John.

The seller asks for 19£. The Ilford camera I got is not very sharp either but I think with the proper subjects it could add a nice atmosphere. That's why I wouldn't go for a more expensive lens just know. I might go for it.

Thanks a lot!

Ivan
    I think nineteen quid for that lens is outrageously over priced. You should be able to buy a clean Nikkor or some such for that kind of sterling. You can also breathe tobacco smoke on a decent lens if you need a softer image. Or just print through a piece of nylon hosiery on ring made from a metal coat hanger.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin