Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,883   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ok, people. i just wanted to share with you the solutions i've found in order to be able to enlarge.

it turned out impossible to find anything with the same mount my Belar lens had. all i could find was used ones, with nasty pictures of it... no way!

it was very easy to find somebody to make the same plate but with a l39 hole in the middle, so i've done it! right now there's a russian industar 50 on its way to my home.

at the same time, yellowcat made me this offer for his schneider componon, and all i had to do was to take the old plate for the same guy who made me the l39 and ask him to open the hole a little bit wider. now i'll have the 80 and the russian 50!

i'll attach some pictures.

i want to thank you very much for your concerns and help. it was very useful for me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3980.jpg   CRW_3981.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice to see this worked out OK, good job.

Shooter
    35mm
    One additional comment: The Industar-50 was a camera lens. A version intended for use on enlargers, the Industar-50U, was also made. I'm sure the I-50 (no U) can be used on enlargers, but it might be suboptimal in various ways. (I've seen claims that glues and lubricants used in camera lenses can soften under the heat produced by many enlargers, for instance.) I don't know offhand what the design of the I-50/I-50U was (number of elements, coatings, etc.), but I strongly suspect it's either a 3- or 4-element design. The I-50 was used on cameras in the 1950s and 1960s, so its coatings, if any, would be simple by modern standards. I'm not sure when the I-50U was manufactured. You'll probably get significantly better results stopping down to mid-range than using it fully open or at its smallest aperture. Used 6-element lenses are pretty inexpensive on eBay and will probably produce better prints than the I-50/I-50U. You can decide whether it's worth tracking down a better lens once you've tried the I-50/I-50U.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    actually it is an industar 96. the 50 i said was supposed to be "50mm range". i'm sorry for being so economical on my words.

i bought it because it is so inexpensive and i've read here an interesting review about it. and also because i already have the componon, wich seems like a very good and trustable lens.

i'm used to the industar. i have an industar-61 (which seems very alike this industar-50U) mounted on my bessa r, and i tried to fit it on the enlarger. first, it is too big - it almost won't fit. and, then, it will not focus! anyway, i just wanted to see what would happen.

but this you said about the grease melting and coming to the lens glass made me shiver!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congratualtions on getting into the darkroom and enlarging scene. I admire your fortitude in bringing that Meopta back to life. It is an enlarger that in all ways represented "a lot of bang for the buck," as they say in the USD culture. Just keep that glass carrier clean!

Any enlarging lens should be stopped down. I prefer f/11--two stops down for my 5.6s.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad that the componon lens got to you safely.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cleber figueiredo View Post
    actually it is an industar 96. the 50 i said was supposed to be "50mm range". i'm sorry for being so economical on my words.
    OK. The I-96U is a 4-element enlarger lens. I've got one, and it's pretty similar to a 4-element Durst Neotaron in quality, and superior to my Nikon EL-Nikkor 4-element (but not as good as my Nikon EL-Nikkor 6-element). Most of the I-96Us I've seen on eBay have a removable extension tube barrel. Depending on your enlarger, you might need to use the lens with or without the extension tube. If you happen to have any M39 SLRs, such as an early Zenit, you can use the extension tube with the camera to take macro photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin