Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,730   Online: 1072

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Buy new a new lamp - I've bought two used enlargers in the past and both had similar problems to what you describe.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found in my LPL 6700 the bulb was not properly seated in its socket resulting in long exposures. Easy fix.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the enlarger isn't in front of me at the moment, but it's the saunders LPL 6X7. The bulb is 100 watt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the enlarger isn't in front of me at the moment, but it's the saunders LPL 6700, the bulb a brand new 100 watt. A 16X20" print with nikon 105 mm lens at 5.6 aperture on Forte warmtone paper is one min. exposure min. for average 6X7 cm. negative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks, I'll try reseating the bulb - it's pressed fully down, which may be too low. I'm new to APUG - all this help is terrific!

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by johanselmerlarsen View Post
    A 16X20" print with nikon 105 mm lens at 5.6 aperture on Forte warmtone paper is one min. exposure min. for average 6X7 cm. negative.
    That sounds OK. Forte Warmtone is very slow (some people like this as they have more time for burning and dodging).
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That turned out to be the problem - I doubled the light by raising the lamp half a centimeter. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin