Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,475   Online: 955

Shooter
    Multi Format

Lens array for multiple enlargers..

I am new to this so please bear with me if this seems like a lame set of questions:

So I now have two enlargers I want to use side by side. A 45MX that has both a condenser and a cold light. The other is a Omega D2 with just a cold light.

The thing is, the the cold light on the Omega is already full tilt with the sensor, Metrolux II, etc. The cold light on the Beseler is just the lamp house, no sensor put in, does not do closed loop with the metrolux II. I also don't see a plug on the Aristo head on the 45MX for one.

So I am thinking of putting the 45MX up for just condenser duty and horizontally projected murals.

Thus far, the lens array is 50, 90, 100, 135 & 150. In specific, 50 & 90 Rodenstock APO, 100 Ektar, 135 5.6 Nikkor, 150 5.6 Rodenstock.

I am mostly going to use the 50 & 90 APO's for 35, pano 35 and 6x6.
    So since I am going to favor those lenses, how do I get the most out of using them on two enlargers in terms of swapping them in and out?

The only way I can see besides having two sets is to keep re-mounting them on the boards every time I switch.

Also, unlike the lens board selection for the 45MX, the ones for the Omega D2 are kind of confusing. Given all my lenses, I am kind of clueless what boards / cones I should get for the Omega...

Noobie alert..:-)

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd put the 50mm, 100mm and 150mm in a lens turret for one (you could mix that up a bit, 50/90/135, etc), and get individual lens boards for the 90mm and 135mm for the other. If you want to round out the set, get a 40mm!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For all things Omega, there are two sources that you must have links to:

1) KHB, in Ontario, Canada; and
    2) Harry Taylor's site, Classic Enlargers.

KHB is very good for Beseler too.

KHB has this invaluable lensboard reference:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/LensMountD5.htm

Here is their main link:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Classic Enlargers has a site at:

http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

If in your travels, you come across an Omega 421-935 Extended Plate 42mm Hole
    (previously 421-135) lensboard for a reasonable price, we should talk .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are going to be doing a lot of lens swapping I'd go for a 'screw-in' option on each enlarger. I think the 421-013 lens disk for the D2 is M39 threaded. I think the Beseler turret is also threaded, or it takes threaded adapters.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-08-2009 at 04:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually, I solved the problem. The adapter on the cold light heads are easy to swap, so I am using the better cold light on the 45MX now and have the condenser to swap out if I want.

So I can just use the 45MX for now until I figure out what I am doing with the Omega.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin