Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,663   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all of your help. I went home and looked at the manual, did not notice a bulb requirement. I looked in the back of the unit (something I never did) and found the bulb recommended, an EVW 250 watt/275 max. No mention of volts but a quick Google of the bulb indicates it to be 82 volts. Interestingly, the Beseler Dichro 67S2 I have on back states it takes an ESJ 85W 120V but Googleing ESJ, it is an 85W, 82V bulb.

In terms of the socket, that is a good idea. How easy is it for a novice to change the socket?

Ricksplace,

My model is a Beseler 23CII Dual Dichro S. Right now, I have it set up as per the manual with the Dichro head on top of the support with the mixing chamber below. How do you use the conical light integrator instead with the Dichro head in place? Also, I don't think there are condensers on the dichro head (I'm thinking about those heavy round semi spherical pieces of glass ). Correct me if I'm wrong. I have all of the pieces for the condenser attachment as well for this Beseler 23 frame so any and all suggestions would be appreciated on setting up for more light to get more realistic printing times.

Shooter
    35mm
    ic-racer is correct; my Dual Dichro S is a black model and appears similar to the unit in the manual he links to, and the manual says that the unit takes a 200w bulb.

I sent my unit, bought inoperative, into Beseler for repair around 2001, and it came back working with the 250w bulb installed. I requested a repair manual from Beseler, also, which consisted of a list of parts and a wiring diagram. If I can dig up the wiring diagram I'll report back on what the diagram says.

I do recall that the heads for the 23CIII are spec'd to fit the III only; whether or not that is true, I have no idea.

Even with the 250w bulb, printing times can be really, really long with this head---about ten times longer than my condensor B22.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin