Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,617   Online: 1112

Shooter
    Multi Format

Max enlargement w/ 45MX / baseboard

I did some testing of my 45MX as I set it up. It seems the largest size enlargement I can get with 35mm and a 50mm lens is about 16 x 20.
    20 x 20 with 6x6 and a 90mm lens. I am using an Aristo cold light head...

Does this sound right and if not, where can I find out this information?

Also, I had to manually guess the head distance by looking at the instructions as the negative size indicator is missing, so I am going to have to locate or fabricate one of those now.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That is about right. You can get a 75mm lens to give you more from the 6x6. You can build a cabinet with a drop bottom taking off the baseboard to get larger sizes. With the aristo cold light head there is no reason to change the negative size setting. Just leave the top bellows collapsed so the cold light sits right on top the film.

Images
    Good Evening, PKM-25,

Sounds about right for the 50mm lens, although the format shape might give you a little more than 20" in the long dimension. For 6 x 6, a 75mm or 80mm lens should go a little beyond 20 x 20. I've never tried a 90mm with that size negative, but I imagine that 20 x 20 would be about the most you could get.

As to your missing negative size scale, there is a previous thread here on APUG on which I posted the markings for different negative sizes; I can't remember exactly what they are right now, but being a little off, as long as the light covers a given negative, won't make a lot of difference.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Does this sound right and if not, where can I find out this information?
    Your approximate maximum magnifications with a 1" easel are on the last page of this pdf.

http://www.darkroompro.com/pdf/enlar...x_brochure.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone, this is what I thought.

I designed a drop table, so now that I know this applies correctly, I will go ahead and make it.

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin