Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,825   Posts: 1,581,981   Online: 866

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Enlarger/Filters

I have the Omega C700 and I am waiting for the 75mm lens (due today). I bought a set of Ilford contrast filters (3.5x3.5) not quite the right size. Do I trim them down so they fit into the filter drawer (worried that they will not stay flat)?
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I trimmed mine down and it works fine. I don't think flatness matter much if the filter drawer is above the negative stage. Hope I'm not wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I trimmed mine to fit, they were supposed to be 3x3, but were about 1/8" too wide. You can use scissors, mat knife or anything really sharp. Being that they are the negative, flatness does not factor in, nor do fingerprints. We have three C-700's in our darkroom, two for 35mm, and one dedicated to 6x6.
    Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks, I guess I am out of excuses now. Negatives are hanging and I should delve into it.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure fingerprints don't count? Flatness, to a point, shouldn't matter, bur when I think back many many years to when I used a communal darkroom, 'fingerprint' could mean anything from a barely discernable smudge to a gob of peanut butter (or Marmite if you are a UK type) that would make everything into a foggy morning. Cleanliness is next to Cartier Bresson!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin