Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,919   Online: 993

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas View Post
    My Beseler 4x5 has head and neg stage tilt, no scales. I wish it had a click stop at the zero position, it's a pain putting it back.
    Gary,
    I know it is a pain, and making the head is not acruate enough.

In your preferred neg size, take a piece of fogged and processed film,ei. black, like the leader in a roll of processed film, before frame number 1.

Scratch 2 lines diagonaly on the emulsion side, with a needl,e or a sharp tool (not a scalpel), do not go through the film, just the emulsion.

You can then easily centre your neg in the negcarrier.

Enlarge this in your enlarger, lens wide open, do not use easel.
    you will see a white cross on the baseboard focus as best
    move your enlarger head adjustment until best focus is obtained in all corners,
    With a ruler and a marker, copy the cross on the baseboard.

Your enlarger is then aligned.
    After using your enlarger to correct the perspective, all you have to do is put in the neg with the cross
    and match it to the cross on the baseboard.

rgds
    Danny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I was wondering if you guys can help me to understand existing enlarger capabilities.

1. Does your enlarger support Scheimpflug correction?
    2. Is it done by tilting the head, lens plane or both?
    3. Is it a 'free' tilt or is the angle of tilt supported by a scale?

Thanks for your replies in advance!
    The Durst L1840 and L184 use lensboard, head and baseboard tilt. There are scales on the lensboard and the head, but no tilt scale on the baseboard. The head and baseboard both have robust locking pins to hold them in the zero position. The lensboard has a spring/ball detent at zero.

Other enlargers I have don't support Scheimpflug correction. Omega D5500 and Minolta Mod III.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-21-2009 at 10:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Durst M601 & 670 allow full control allowing Scheimpflug correction, so does my De Vere 5108.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Ferri View Post
    Gary,
    I know it is a pain, and making the head is not acruate enough.

In your preferred neg size, take a piece of fogged and processed film,ei. black, like the leader in a roll of processed film, before frame number 1.

Scratch 2 lines diagonaly on the emulsion side, with a needl,e or a sharp tool (not a scalpel), do not go through the film, just the emulsion.

You can then easily centre your neg in the negcarrier.

Enlarge this in your enlarger, lens wide open, do not use easel.
    you will see a white cross on the baseboard focus as best
    move your enlarger head adjustment until best focus is obtained in all corners,
    With a ruler and a marker, copy the cross on the baseboard.

Your enlarger is then aligned.
    After using your enlarger to correct the perspective, all you have to do is put in the neg with the cross
    and match it to the cross on the baseboard.

rgds
    Danny
    Actually I have a set of mirrors I can mount up to do this. Does a pretty respectable job too.
    Gary Beasley

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On my Durst M707, I can tilt the head and the lens plane, both with a scale and a distinct "stop" at zero.

Does this mean we can expect a section on Scheimpflug correction in the next edition of Way Beyond Monochrome?

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kraker View Post
    On my Durst M707, I can tilt the head and the lens plane, both with a scale and a distinct "stop" at zero.

Does this mean we can expect a section on Scheimpflug correction in the next edition of Way Beyond Monochrome?
    kraker

There is one now; there will be more!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    kraker

There is one now;
    :o Oops! Once I opened the book at the correct page, I remembered reading (or at least seeing) it before. Thanks for pointing that out, it was a good reason to re-read it. (As I often do with "random" parts of your book.)

there will be more!
    Interesting!

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I didn't realize that so many enlargers have Scheimpflug correction directly built-in.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Ralph,
    My Laborator 1000 (ancestor of the Durst L1200) can have the head tilted.
    This moves the negative stage AND the lens stage. There is a contraption availlable into which one can mount the lens and tilt it regarding the lens panel;
    This way you can move 2 planes out of three. If you need to move the easel, you've to have a set of shims on hand...
    There are no scales on the tilt. Be it head, lens or easel ;-)

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Beseler MXV of unknown, but ancient vintage, which I modified with the newer lower bellows which allows lens alignment in all directions, coupled with the tilting negative stage in both directions allows Scheimpflugery to such a degree that the image is 'keystoned' to the extent it would only be useful on a construction site. I gave it up years ago and bought a view camera and a Rollei SL 66. I have always thought (when I thought about it) that you computer people could probably manage this without an enlarger. No?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin