Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,005   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    The 1000 is a desktop enlarger. I've picked mine [with it's colour head] up one handed. No quality issues. IIRC the B&W head uses a strange bulb. Various colour heads were sold.
    If you can pick that sucker up with one hand you're a lot stronger than I am.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a tiny next to my CB-7. I used to store the 1000 sitting on the CB-7. That's a biggin.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    If you can pick that sucker up with one hand you're a lot stronger than I am.
    Johnny,

If he can pick an L1000 up with one hand, I wouldn't argue with him!

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    The 1000 is a desktop enlarger. I've picked mine [with it's colour head] up one handed.
    Didn't know the Californian governor was on APUG!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jed, the carcass of one that I have is pretty big, but not unmanageable in the back of a car to get home if you break it down. I don't have enough pieces for mine to get a 'working' model, but I'm scrounging now to turn it into the most rock solid copy stand east of the Mississippi. They weigh a ton, and I'm not going to argue with anyone who can one-hand it either.

(The Phototherm is still going strong, BTW. Thanks a million for that one.)

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Michael,
    Nice to see you on here again! Well, we ended up moving down to SoCal and I'm still trying to get my practice into the black (i.e. I need an income from making people well, not a hobby!) but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks to everyone for the information on the Durst enlarger. After much (and I mean a lot) of debating with myself, I was getting ready to pull the trigger on it, and Gary's brother (from APUG) wrote me regarding the Minolta enlarger, and said he is willing to ship it from GA to CA for a very reasonable price. So in the end, I will be going that route, it is what I have been wanting for so long...but the Durst was a really good option, and almost went for it.
    Thanks for everything, and all that info will come in handy some day, I am sure! This is such a good place for all the years of knowledge one can get in just a few days of posts!
    Take care,
    Jed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin