Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,953   Online: 1036

Shooter
    35mm

Jobo C6600 - Help please!

Hi everyone, I'm new to forums and a returner to analogue photography [30 years since I last used an enlarger]. I recently acquired a Jobo C6600 along with a lot of other darkroom gear. The enlarger came without a transformer or instructions. Can anyone help, either pointing me towards a cheap transformer, or tell me the output voltage so I can buy one from Maplin's. The enlarger head currently has an Australian-style mains plug marked 10A 120V. Is this AC or DC? The bulb is 12V 100W. How does this square with a 120 volt system?

Any help/information/encouragement for this relative novice will be greatly appreciated.

Peter [ackers01]

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Peter,

this sounds like a colour enlarger (although to my knowledge JOBO called the opal b/w version 6600 and the colour version 6700). The infos I have from Jobos site says that an external transformer is needed, in this case a 12V 100W model. A transformer, either classic or electronic for halogen lighting systems should do fine. Wattage can be higher but not lower.
    Please make sure that there is no transformer in the head. The wiring should be visible when you open it.
    The marking on the plug (when molded in the plastic) could be simply the max. rating of the plug itself and not the operating voltage.

P.S. goto www.jobo.com, contact Jobo and ask for a manual.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Andreas,

Many thanks for the info, it confirms what I have already been sent by Jobo. The enlarger is clearly marked C6600, but it certainly has a clolour head, with cyan, magenta and yellow controls. Maybe it has been upgraded from a black and white one. I will check the head carefully if it has a transformer inside it, otherwise I will buy one from Maplin. Jobo could not provide me with a manual, so if anyone out there has access to one that I could buy/borrow/scan/photocopy, I would be most grateful.

All the best to the analogue photo community.

Peter

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Just to confirm the C6600 is a colour head and the transformer is external 240 to 12v ac with 100w output. had one for number of years until upgraded to a Devere .
    Regards Paul.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this the same as the LPL6700?

If so then you can get a manual here: http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-in...l/LPL/C6700-_E

Shooter
    35mm
    If that is not the same machine there is also this site:

http://www.ephotozine.com/equipment/...ual-p4944.html

but at £9.95 I think the price is a bit steep.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ackers01 View Post
    The enlarger head currently has an Australian-style mains plug marked 10A 120V. Is this AC or DC? The bulb is 12V 100W. How does this square with a 120 volt system?

Any help/information/encouragement for this relative novice will be greatly appreciated.
    Only having a C7700 manual here, there is precious little information. Quoting from the manual:

Light source: 12V 100W Quarts Halogen Lamp w/dichroic mirror

Power supply: Input: 100/240V 50/60Hz
    Output: 12V 100VA
    The original wiring and bulb holder is not designed for mains voltage, so you really need to replace it before attempting to use the enlarger. The transformer is contained within a separate box and is not part of the head assembly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you get one of the classic non-switchmode/unregulated transformers try to stick as close as possible to the rated 100W. The output voltage will be higher than specified if you are using less than the rated output. ie try to stay between 100W and 120W.

Roger.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks to Paul, yellowcat, Paul c5x4 and ras 351 for your posts. I have now sourced a 12V 105W transformer. The bulb also needs replacing. Once that is done I shall start, or rather restart, a hobby I last did 35 years ago. I shall follow up all the leads on manuals. Thanks again and happy photographing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin