Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,873   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Multi Format

6x6 Glass Carrier flatness question...

Hi,

I asked this question in the other thread titled "Glass Carrier" to avoid duplicate threads and it went unanswered, so here I go again:

I just obtained a 6x6 glass carrier for my 45MX. I have not used it yet, but one thing I have noticed is that one side makes contact first when closing it. The open side is about 1/8th open when the slide closest to the hinge makes contact.

In order to get it flat, it seems like a fair amount of pressure is needed...maybe more than I want to subject my negs to.....is this normal?
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ebay?

Sounds like the hinge mechanism is buggered. Is it this one http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Carrier.html

Take the spring steel hinge off and see how the two halves come together. If they lay flat, then you may need to fiddle with the spring steel hinge to get it to close correctly.

If the spring steel hinge is really buggered, you can just tape the two halves together and get rid of the 'spring open' feature. Most Omega and Durst carriers don't spring open.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 06-08-2009 at 07:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I had a glass carrier for a 23c that had a problem with the hing getting out of whack. See if you can get the hing to work better by opening it flat and pulling the top piece further up in the hing, and then keeping that tension, carefully close the two pieces. Anyway, the glass pieces are supposed to sit flush with each other, otherwise there is danger of damage to the glass and negative.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is exactly what I thought, it should not have tension but close flush and without pressure. It is out at the location now, but next time I am at the darkroom, I will look at all the possible fixes mentioned above.

By the way, it is a 6x6 only holder.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin