Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,825   Online: 1078

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford 500 Multigrade Head

A am considering swapping the condenser head on my Omega enlarger for an Ilford 500 Multigrade head. Does anyone have experience with this device, either pro or con?
    Thanks a lot.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wonderful device though as long as it comes with the controller (500S) and power unit (500CPM).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Be aware that the Multigrade 500 head system includes a special adapter plate for each type of enlarger. For some types of enlarger, such as Beseler, it also includes special mixing boxes. So, when looking for a second hand system, you should look for ones that have been fitted to Omega enlargers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the Ilford setup now and i like it very much. You will most likely need to produce negatives with more contrast when moving from your condenser head. Mine is on an older Beseler 45 and it has different mixing chambers for each format. The controller is nice/easy to use.
    Matt Allard

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Don't forget that, on the top of it, you can also have the MG 500 head on top of your condensors.

You would need for that:
    - an adaptor plate with a pipe the will rely on the top of the condensor
    - a light mixing box which is something like 6 * 6 (cms)

The bottom plate sligtly off- centers the light box in that configuration.

For Omegas, without condensors, you would not need the specific boxes like for Beseler, which required extended bowes as they have to go through the upper below these enlargers are fitted with.

Great thing with that head is power and max contrast, + RH designs products if your controller goes bust.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an 400 model and I love it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like mine alot. My only complaint is there is no white light option for graded papers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin