Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,122   Online: 1137

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have recently compared the two (Adox Variotone and the new Ilford Warmtone). The paper base of the variotone is slightly creamier (warmer). This is precisely why in looking for a replacement for Agfa MCC classic I have opted to go with the NEW Ilford; it mimics the old Agfa. However, I see from the Adox website that freestyle may begin distributing the rereleased MCC (now made by Adox), this summer of 2009.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm... when I compared the Adox Variotone to Ilford warmtone, the paper base for the Adox was white, and the Ilford quite creamy. I wonder if I had an older box of Ilford? I'll have to check. I got very nice results with the Variotone, btw, in a warmtone developer with selenium. Just the right amount of brown in the dark tones.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I purchased and recently printed on the mentioned Ilford MGIV WT. I can't see a difference in Ilford WT paper tint from what I purchased 2 years ago. The new Bergger WT, coated in UK, does have a brighter, less creme, base tint as does Fotokemika Varycon KG. If you are looking for a very warm paper the new Oriental may fit the bill.
    RJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin