Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,513   Online: 1093

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    I need to find a source for the power cords.

Then I think I will be in business. Thanks for the help.
    Jerold, I have many equipment cords from office machines, computers, etc. I can give you a couple free.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Jerold, I have many equipment cords from office machines, computers, etc. I can give you a couple free.
    Thanks for the offer but I already ordered the power cords. I ordered 10 foot cords also to make sure that I would have plenty of flexibility. Thanks.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'll try posting this here:

I have the Zone VI VC head for Beseler 4x5 set up. I have the power cords, the telephone cord plugged into the VC module, and a light monitor cord plugged into an RH Designs Vario timer. It powers up and the light seems bright. I have not tried printing with it yet.

However, something seems amiss. The variable contrast module seems to do nothing. The intensity of the light looks constant, regardless of how I set the intensity dial. The color of the cold light (pale violet) stays the same regardless of where I set the hard and soft channels or even turn them off.

I think I have everything plugged in OK. Am I doing something wrong or did I buy a dud?
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jerold,

check the center toggle switch on the Variable contrast module....you may have it set to "focus" instead of its normal operating position. This would cause the behavior you describe........

Regards,
    George

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgecp View Post
    Jerold,

check the center toggle switch on the Variable contrast module....you may have it set to "focus" instead of its normal operating position. This would cause the behavior you describe........

Regards,
    George
    Perfect diagnosis! It works after all. Of course, I have no instruction manual so I am left to rely on my blunderings and advice from others. Thanks for the help.

Sometimes I do split printing, so I assume for that I just use maximum soft (with hard turned off) and maximum hard (with soft turned off) alternately for that. Somewhere I read an article or post about settings for specific grades. Does anyone have a copy of the manual or a link for how to use this light source? Thanks.
    Jerold Harter MD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin