Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,587   Online: 923

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Enlarging lens with M23,5x0,5 mount

I have just got myself a Meopta Opematus 6x6 enlarger. The unit itself seem to be very good quality and even have auto focus (rail).

The Opematus comes with an uncoated 4/75mm Belar lens, think it is tessar type.

SO I have two questions:

1, Will the autofocus work with a 50mm lens, I am eager to do some large 35mm prints. There is a find adjustment, but I don;t think it will compress the bellows enough to allow a 50mm lens to focus properly. Anyone with experience?

2, What are the names to look for if I want t get myself a 50mm lens? I know about Belar and Anaret, but the 23,5mm thread seems to be rather difficult to find. I know there is a converter, costs about 6eur, but I think it will add more displacement and makes using 75mm and shorter difficult.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If the enlarger allows you: make the hole bigger and fit a 39mm ring with tread......
    Or get a 42mm ring with an adapter to 39mm. (old Praktica or Zenit)

I should have a 39mm ring in Holland, but I wouldn't be back untill somewhere in August.

Peter

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Do I get this right that you have a lensboard with 23.5mm thread? If so, go to www.fotoimpex.de and ask for a 39mm lensboard.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You don't give a location, but if you are in the UK I recommend contacting http://www.silverprint.co.uk. They either stock, or can obtain on short notice, a range of Meopta parts. As ath says, you need to ask for a 39mm lensboard to accept most enlarger lenses.

Both Meopta lensboards that I've owned are recessed. They are used one way up with a 50mm lens to hold the lens closer to the negative, and the other with longer focal lengths.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think any Meopta Opemus have autofocus. They do have a focus help function that works like a rough guide, and it works regardless of focal length. You still have to fine focus the normal way.

The Opemus is a very nice, simple and compact enlarger. I'm using a Opemus IIa myself.

Trond

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Trond View Post
    I don't think any Meopta Opemus have autofocus.
    Mine isn't an Opemus, it is an Opematus! Accroding to Meopta, it is a product from the 1940-1945 and it is definitely mechanical autofocus! I was surprised how old it was considering the excellent condition it is in.

Internet search didn't turn up much. The lensboard is fixed and not the reversable type. Seems I am a bit stuck with making smaller 35mm prints.

Here's a photo I found on the net. Mine had a extra section under the lamp where there a drawer to put filters. Also there is a condenser.

http://foto.bazos.sk/inzerat/1741068...k-OPEMATUS.php

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look for one of these:
    Belar 4.5/50 #392 812 110 262
    Anaret 4.5/50 #392 812 10 239 (don't confuse with Anaret S that has Leica M39 thread)

Here is one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROGONAR-S1:4.5...29168005r14513

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Mine isn't an Opemus, it is an Opematus!
    Sorry! I misunderstood. The Opematus seem like an interesting enlarger. I suppose the only way to find out if it will focus with a 50mm is to try it out. The Anaret is inexpensive.

Trond

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin