Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,257   Online: 790

Shooter
    Medium Format

50mm Nikkor Unable To Focus

So I recently bought a Omega D5 Dichro with an assortment of carriers and lenses. The other two lenses I got focus without an issue, they are 135mm and 150mm respectively, the third lens is a 50mm Nikkor that can't seem to focus on a flat lens board. I seem to get a rectangle with rounded boarders no matter what I try. I've inspected the lens for any type of hazing, but it looks clear as a bell.

Could this be a function of using the improper lens board? Does it need a special extended board due to it's shortness? I really don't know where to start with this one.

Let me know what you guys think!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Odds are you need a recessed lens board to get the lens close enough to the negative. The backside of the lens will need to be around an inch or so from the negative with the head up any distance.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's what I was thinking, something to do with the lens board, I'll try to locate one unless you can recommend anyone selling them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does this particular Omega have adjustable bellows? My D5 does. In order to use the shorter lenses you need to release the bellows using the black lever just back of where the lens board mounts and then push up on the bellow to reduce it's draw. Each time I change lenses from the 150mm to the 50mm I have to collapse the bellows significantly in order to get focus.

All my lens boards are flat ones.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    Does this particular Omega have adjustable bellows? My D5 does. In order to use the shorter lenses you need to release the bellows using the black lever just back of where the lens board mounts and then push up on the bellow to reduce it's draw. Each time I change lenses from the 150mm to the 50mm I have to collapse the bellows significantly in order to get focus.

All my lens boards are flat ones.

Dave
    My D5 does have an adjustable bellows, I'll have to go ahead and give that a try, thanks for the tip!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dave, I went ahead and pushed up my bellows on the enlarger, time to make some giant prints it worked like a charm!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin