Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,896   Online: 934

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    John, NOVA, is pretty good for materials, chemicals and hardware.

Hardware - they have both new and second hand enlargers - as well as loads of other stuff.

I have a Kaiser 6x9 Enlarger - very nicely made piece of kit.

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Don't know your personal experiences with eBay, John. Four years ago I snagged a clean and perfectly operational old Japanese Lucky 60M enlargers for which they make up to and including neg carriers of 6x7 in size and I snagged it for $50.00 USD including shipping. At the time I was not even processing my own film but I knew I could not pass it up. All that to say that there are deals to be found, even once in a lifetime deals like this. Try hitting local small colleges and high schools and see if any are foolish enough to be unloading their film darkroom gear at pennies to the dollar. You never know what you might find out there in the digital wasteland.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lots of info - and thanks for the PM Ian. One more question: I have seen a Durst 800 with 6x6 and 6x9 holders. Will I be able to put 6x7 in the 6x9 and if so will I need to mask it around the edge?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfromnorwich View Post
    Lots of info - and thanks for the PM Ian. One more question: I have seen a Durst 800 with 6x6 and 6x9 holders. Will I be able to put 6x7 in the 6x9 and if so will I need to mask it around the edge?
    You'd probably be able to find a 6x7 holder second-hand somewhere but it is very easy to make a mask out of some cardboard, or something similar.
    Rhys

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi John. You didn't say exactly where you were in North Wales but there is a shop called Cambrian Photography in Colwyn Bay. They're well worth a visit if you're travelling along the A55. Although they're quite a big shop, it's the second generation of a family business so they have lots of film experience and enthusiasm. They also have quite a few secondhand enlargers. They sorted me out with a 6x7 darkroom for a good price when I wasn't exactly sure what all the bits that I needed were.
    Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin