Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 705

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Introducing pincushion into the final print.

I found that a slight amount of pincushion can flatter some of my portrait subjects.

Is there a low-cost way to introduce a small amount of pincushion into the print?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've not done it myself, but I believe that you can bend the paper on the easel to introduce this type of effect. You can create, or fix, keystone by lifting one side of the easel, so lifting parts of the paper should work the same way. Try slipping mat board under the print to lift parts of it higher than the rest to see what you get. Be careful about focus though...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pick up or borrow a copy of the book "Weegee's Creative Camera" for all sorts of stupid fun photo tricks.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Pick up or borrow a copy of the book "Weegee's Creative Camera" for all sorts of stupid fun photo tricks.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin