Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,117   Online: 934

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Omega B66 condenser questions.

Hi all;

I have picked up an old B66XL, to complement my "color B66XL" with colour diffuser head.

I have a few questions on the B66 head;

1) how should the condensers be set? I note that they slide in and out; and there are multiple "slots" for them;

2) If I get some Multigrade filters; how do I put them into this beast?

3) Is there a need for head-absorbing glass? if so, where does it go in this head?

I'm putting a darkroom back together; thought the condenser head might be fun to experiment with; it has been decades and decades since I used a condenser head (and, quite a few years since I did any darkroom work; so this is a fun project)

Thanks;

JohnS, Ottawa.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

I found info via google...

I did a google search; it pointed to a post here that this forums' search did not find.

So, it looks like on an Omega B66 condenser head, if you take off the flat plate cover, turn it over, you'll see where things should go! Really nice of Omega to silk-screen the info on the back of the cover; should have thought to look there myself.

I'm missing the heat absorbing glass and filter tray; the tray I can make; the glass will be a bit of a problem.

FYI; JohnS.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the condensors you really shouldn't need to change them. You can insert the 35mm if your 35mm times are too long but that's it. You don't really need the heat glass. At least I never did. If you really want it Omega might still stock it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Nick;

Thanks for the reply; I did not know about the 35mm condenser until very recently. I'm now just doing 645 shooting; and with my Color head (c760, diffuser) I don't think I have ever used the 35mm mixing chamber. The B66 was not too much money (a couple of beers worth) and I thought it might be an interesting head to play with. Now to finish my darkroom...

JohnS.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin