Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,271   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cinefane View Post
    Looks like it's suffered at the hands of a previous owner. I got a good look at the grub in direct sunlight. Its head has been worn away. Short of drilling the grub out, I'm stuck.
    If you have, or get, a small left-hand drill bit, the job may be easier than you think. The left-hand bit will tend to unscrew the grub screw enough for you to unscrew the adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield View Post
    If you have, or get, a small left-hand drill bit, the job may be easier than you think. The left-hand bit will tend to unscrew the grub screw enough for you to unscrew the adapter.
    Use an easy-out. It has a conical head with left hand threads.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Use an easy-out. It has a conical head with left hand threads.
    No ! Please, please do not use easy-outs for they are the spawn of Satan - When you break one, you have to pay an exorbitant amount to get someone to spark erode the remains out - I've wasted more than enough time dealing with the aftermath of these damned things.

Most likely it is no more than an M3 screw, so carefully drill the whole thing out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    No ! Please, please do not use easy-outs for they are the spawn of Satan - When you break one, you have to pay an exorbitant amount to get someone to spark erode the remains out - I've wasted more than enough time dealing with the aftermath of these damned things.
    Then I do not want you around when I work on one of my cars or my motorcycle!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With an easy-out that small you really don't stand a chance of getting it out. Just take it to a machine shop or your nearest mechanics shop. I am sure they can help out out better than doing it yourself. I know because I was a Machinist in my working days. You may f**/ it up REAL good. Leave the delicate work to the proffesionals.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    No ! Please, please do not use easy-outs
    Agreed. I learned that the hard way trying to remove a broken exhaust manifold stud on my MG. Now whenever I find something like that that I cannot remove I take it straight to the machine shop.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I learned that the hard way trying to remove a broken exhaust manifold stud on my MG.
    Been there done that a few times and once that large muffler place did it for me but left me with a manifold with only 2 out of 6 studs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin