Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,674   Online: 902

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Enlarging lens with flared end -- how do I attach it?

I have an enlarger lens that, instead of being threaded, has a flared end. How do I go about attaching this to my enlarger?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With difficulty.

It must have fitted a special board or turret that the flange locked into. What lens is it ? Post an image.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had to stick it under the scanner as I couldn't find my digital camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you sure the thing does not come apart?
    It looks like the lens might be mounted to a Durst Lens Cone.
    If it does not come apart in the middle look down the inside from the rear of the lens and see if there is retaing ring holding the lens to the cone.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This looks like a durst cone as suggested, and the lens should come away from the adaptor which is the ring that is inserted into a flange with a screw thread to hold onto the enlager.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    Are you sure the thing does not come apart?
    It looks like the lens might be mounted to a Durst Lens Cone.
    If it does not come apart in the middle look down the inside from the rear of the lens and see if there is retaing ring holding the lens to the cone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It certainly does seperate from the mounting cone. It may be that all you need to do is apply a SMALL amount of penetrating oil, and carefully unscrew the lens. Be extra careful not to get too much oil on the lens, then clean up afterward. A strap wrench could be beneficial here.
    Good luck
    Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had quite a few Durst selected Componon's and sometimes there's a small grub screw holding the mount to the lens. Often the lenses were factory fitted to the flange or adaptor and where usually supplied fitted to roll head printers turrets etc

My Componon S 150mm is similar but in a long screw thread mount, I assumed it was like yours but once I loosened the screw it came apart easily. Don't try a wrench etc as if there is a screw and it's not released you'll damage the mounting threads, and only try penetrating oil as a very last resort.

The Dust select lenses are similar to the Linhof & Sinar select Schneider camera lenses and were optically tested before being accepted and badged by Durst, it's an excellent lens.

Someone will buy the mount if you dont need it.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's a hole but -- as far as I can see -- no screw. Tried unscrewing the mount by hand -- won't budge. Will investigate later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cinefane View Post
    There's a hole but -- as far as I can see -- no screw. Tried unscrewing the mount by hand -- won't budge. Will investigate later.
    That's as it should be, there is supposed to be a small grub screw it's quite deep inside, unscrew that and the two parts undo.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like it's suffered at the hands of a previous owner. I got a good look at the grub in direct sunlight. Its head has been worn away. Short of drilling the grub out, I'm stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin