Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,657   Posts: 1,481,415   Online: 1069

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burning basics

Print as normal with #2 filter, then 15% more thru the #5. This will effect the blacks and very dark tones only.

15% may need some adjustment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    Let me sort out the situation. The horse was in an enclosure at a medieval festival. This was the absolute best possible shot I could get with a 50mm. The photo isn't very important to me. I just thought it would be a neat goal to drive right into burning and see some very vivid results. I will try what you said eddie. Thanks everyone else.
    And please let us know how you make out with this. It's always good to see someone try something new.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    I would like to become proficient at burning in the darkroom however the basics of the technique are foreign to me. Could anyone here give some information or links to tutorials and any general tips...
    As someone already said (and you realized), too difficult for a start. I would do this one by preparing a dodging mask and print the negative with the mask as a sandwich, but I don't recommend to try masks to get started.

As far as recommendations for text, I can suggest two of my chapters:

http://www.darkroomagic.com/Publicat...stopTiming.pdf
    http://www.darkroomagic.com/Publicat...icPrinting.pdf

or one of the best books for practical B&W doging and burning of all times:

Larry Bartlett & Jon Tarrant, Black and White, Fountain Press, 1996
    Larry Bartlett was a professional printer. The book explains how he produced involving, expressive prints from other people’s negatives. The preliminary chapters look at the basics of darkroom design and equipment and moves on to explain how each of the featured prints was coaxed from the negative.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin