Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,708   Posts: 1,482,884   Online: 1056

Shooter
    35mm

LPL C5700 ... OK for first enlarger?

Has anyone had experience with these enlargers? There is one for sale near me. Would it be OK for a beginner?. I want to do 35mm B&W but would like the flexibility do try some 6x6 in the future. From what I can learn from here I think I would prefer diffused illumination. I havn't inspected this unit yet, but I'm assuming it is stock standard. Does anyone know what this model's standard specs were?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Greg,

This is a good basic 6x7 enlarger. I had the 6x6 version before upgrading to my C7700MX.
    The most basic difference between the 6700/7700 and this one is that you need filters for contrast, whereas the 6700 has a dial in filtration, and as you have stated, is condenser rather than diffuser illumination.

Specs here: http://www.crkennedy.com.au/v1/index...TOKEN=53890029

Don't know what the price is you are looking at for it, but I have seen the 6700 with a colour head going for $395.
    I'm quite happy with the results I get from my 7700 and spare parts are easy to get if needed. If it's only a few $$ different, maybe try to hold out for the 6700/7700 model.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin