Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,910   Posts: 1,584,668   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Rick ... sounds like it will need a 50mm lens ... How significant is the speed of the lens? The 80mm it comes with is only f5.6.
    Nanette ... Was that 6700 at Totals?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As far as I know, speed is not that important when it comes to enlarger lenses. My 80mm is also f5,6. I usually stop it down to f8 or f11 and adjust the exposure time according to that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speed is not whats important with an enlarger lens, its resolution. Finding the "sweet spot' of a particular lens is what you are looking for. Stopping down two to three stops, or more is going to give you the balance of edge to edge coverage without vignetting, as well as the proper speed for a good exposure. You dont want to only flash the paper for the least amount of time, conversly, you dont want to have to wait forever for the enlargement. Of course, there are variables, such as extending times for dodging, or split filter printing to adjust the contrast. I recommend finding some good books on darkroom techniques, such as any of the Kodak workshop series. I have "Black and White Darkroom Techniques", and I have "Photographic Printing" by Ralph Hattersley. I'm sure there are many others that can be recommended by other members.
    Hope that isnt confusing, and helps.
    Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I almost forgot-- Dont forget to EXPERIMENT-- thats where all the fun and magic is!
    Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Totals. I've relocated to Bangkok, but about 4 weeks ago they had one on the shelf - just the enlarger, not the full kit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin