Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,285   Online: 960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Any opinions on these enlargers?

Hi folks ... Has anybody had any experience with these? Opinions on suitability for a beginner wanting to do 35mm?:

Opemus 3 Meopta with El Nikor 2.8 50mm

LPL C7700MX Colour Enlarger with El Nikor 5.6 80mm

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The LPL will grow with you. The lens will cover 6x7. Does it have the 35mm negative carrier?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The LPL is superb! Will allow you to go larger later if you want.
    I have one of these and I love it. Carriers are relatively easy to come by - about $60 on E*** although the Universal carrier is more expensive - $130.

The last one I saw for sale locally came with a Universal carrier - I like using mine to include the film edge on some of my 35mm images. And I pulled another apart and use it for my 6x9 folder - its dimensions minus the blades are exactly 6x9. I also have a 6x7 and 35mm - it came with all 3 when I purchased so I was very lucky.

Whichever you go for - make sure you choose a good lens for enlarging. It will make all the difference to the final result. Can't comment on the Nikon - I've got a Rodenstock 50mm f2.8 and a Schneider 105mm f3.5. Both give excellent results - good contrast, and pin sharp when stopped down x2 stops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The LPL is what I use and I love it. I bought it new about 12 years ago.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the LPL and I am really happy with it. I have a Rodenstock Rodagon 50mm and 80mm and I use it for 35mm and 6x6, both B/W and color.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Nanette, Nick and Kevin ... The LPL comes with 35mm carrier only ... don't know if the 80mm will be OK for 135 ... what about f 5.6? Is that OK? ... Nanette ... Any idea what would be a fair price to pay in Australia? I'll probably need to get a decent 50mm lens as well.
    Cheers

Shooter
    35mm
    Tobster ... Whats the maximum 35mm enlargement possible with the 80mm? .... Or is that just not a good idea?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    gregmacc, I haven't tried to use the 80mm for 35mm since I have the 50mm. I think the best option would be to get a 50mm lens for 35mm work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure where you are located, but my local store in Adelaide had a *Colour* head 6700 for $395 and that included the universal carrier, lenses X2(?) etc. In fact if memory serves me correctly, it was entire darkroom setup for that price. (Trays, magnifier, easel etc.) I've also seen just the enlarger for the same price.....

They have come down - I paid about $695 8 years ago, but I wouldn't pay that now - they come around fairly regularly in Adelaide, so if you are based there, wait a bit and a good one will surface.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You wont get as big of an enlargement with the 80 as it acts as a telephoto for 35mm negs. 50mm is standard for 35mm, and the 80 is for 6x4.5, or 6x6cm formats. You, as a rule , use the same lens focal length to enlarge as the standard focal length that the format requires. You can use a wider angle lens for greater enlargements, such as the 50mm with 6x6 negs, or a 25-35mm lens with 35mm film.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin