Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,903   Posts: 1,521,219   Online: 1091

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

needing advice: durst m670

hi all. I am new to apug, and having a darkroom with an old soviet upa-150 enlarger at home. It is very hard to use it, the moving parts are vry hard and not so smooth, the lens is also not clear. therefore I started to look for a new enlarger.

the story starts here: I found that the price range for a enlarger varies from free to a thousand dollars. many photographers threw away their old beatiful enlarger for just a few dollars but now I cant find them!!

then, I found a durst m670 for just 70 dollars. but there are cons: the lens is rogonar 50mm f:2.8 but has fungus, there is no neg. carrier, there is no swing out red filter (it is evry important for me while using my upa). it needs a new lamb. it has timer+exposure meter. the overall condition is seems good with very smooth movements. but the cons made me not to buy, yesterday.

I need two advice, one is very general: I always print b&w, and will. color head is an advantage or disadvantage? Can they change the film's contrast? since while I try to prind the ngs with clouds to my constant contrast papers, the clouds cant seen..

the second, are the swing out red filter and the neg carrier hard to find? and how much they can cost?

I think here is the only place in the net that I can find an answer

regards from Turkey!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, and welcome to APUG from the west of Turkey

Yes, a colour head is ideal as the Durst's a great bwith Variable Contrast papers.

I have a spare neg carrier but unfortunately it's back in the UK, I also have spare lenses, but I have no plans to return for a visit at the moment

There are a few APUG members in Istanbul you might try contacting them as they may be able to help you find a decent enlarger or a neg carrier. I know what those Russian enlargers are like I have one . . . .

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 09-24-2009 at 02:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Hi, and welcome to APUG from the west of Turkey

Yes, a colour head is ideal as the Durst's a great bwith Variable Contrast papers.

I have a spare neg carrier but unfortunately it's back in the UK, I also have spare lenses, but I have no plans to return for a visit at the moment

There are a few APUG members in Istanbul you might try contacting them as they may be able to help you find a decent enlarger or a neg carrier. I know what those Russian enlargers are like I have one . . . .

Ian
    thanx for your response Ian, i will contact them soon..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anyone can help the OP with a negative carrier I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated. Darkroom equipment is hard to find here in Turkey and so parts are even harder to find.

The M670 will also take the M601 carrier.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin