Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,799   Online: 813

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Advice on a 28mm Schneider

I have a chance to buy a Schneider 28mm enlarging lens to be used on a Beseler 23c. Would I have any light fall-off or vignetting issues with 35mm negs? Would I be adding distortion of any kind to images?

I’m considering this lens to be able to get 11x14 prints at a lower height setting than my current 50mm Schneider uses, and to be able to make 16x20 size prints off the base board (as opposed to the wall). Thanks for any guidance you can give me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats a nice lens for Minox and 16mm. It will work for cropping small portions of 35mm negatives.
    The 40mm Schneider is the one you want for doing full-frame 35mm enlargements.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip. Would a 35mm (other brand) also work for full frame?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know. I have never seen a 35 mm. enlarging lens. Nikon made a 40 mm. enlarging lens for 35 mm negatives, and I found one here for not too much money. I don't know if it will accomplish what you want, since I don't know your height restrictions.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you plan to do this often, mounting the enlarger to a table that has a removable baseboard may be the best way. Beseler makes such a table for their 45's, and I have made one out of wood. Same concept can be applied to almost any table top enlarger. Just a thought.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think a 40mm lens is my best solution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    40mm Schneider WA Componon
    40mm WA Rodagon
    Hoya 40mm WA
    Zeiss Biogon 40mm

These are the few I know of. I suspect they may be expensive on the used market.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin