Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,156   Online: 820

Shooter
    Medium Format

Negative carrier 6 x 6 insert for Durst M605

I am new to this forum and have just purchased a Durst M605 (Condensor head). It has everyting i require for printing 6x6 except for the neg carrier which only has 35mm metal inserts. Does anyone know the best way to get a 6 x 6 insert. Should i just try making my own? Cut Glass? or are they easy to track down. I cant see any on e bay. Sorry if this question has already been asked any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thnaks,.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Use glass. I've made my own in the past, get the thin glass cut to size then carefully chamfer the edges with coarse wet & dry paper (used wet).

Welcome to APUG BTW

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You could try: http://www.northernphoto.co.uk/

Good luck
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be making a couple of glass inserts soon & I'll post the details,

Iab

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Many thanks,.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Durst nomenclature is useful for collecting the bits -- which do come up.

Your negative carrier for the M605 is called "Sirioneg" and its anti-newton glass insert is called "Sivogla AN." The 6x6 masks (a pair is called "Sivopar") are "Sivoma 66" (upper one) and "Sixma 66" (lower one). They can be used together or interchangeably with either an upper or lower glass insert -- usually upper due to the natural convexity of the negative. There are also 645 masks to go with the 35 & 66.

The Sirioneg carrier came out of the box with two glass inserts, which some prefer for total negative flatness.

Nice pics in Maurizio's post.
    Last edited by swhiser; 02-20-2012 at 07:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin