Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,493   Online: 807

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Revisiting old negatives is fun. I think differently now than I did 40 years ago, and my prints show it. I find I did some better work than I thought years ago, also did some pretty bad work.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't often print my old negs, usually I keep at it the first time, until I get it right.
    Although there have been times when I've given up and had to revisit at a later date - more experience and less stress can work wonders!!

But if for some reason I need a creative boost or just want to try something new, I'll get out a favourite neg and start experimenting. It's always interesting to see where I started and where I end up, even if the second print run yields some pretty awful results.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have started reprinting some of my old negs now that my technique has expanded and, I hope, improved. People who have seen the results side by side with the old ones have commented that they like the new ones better. That makes me feel it's been worthwhile.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 14-year old B&W triptych, "The Moorings", printed to Ilford FB paper from Delta 100 negs, has been reprinted over 12 editions, all but 3 eds selling in a variety of frames as per customer requests (with one Greek couple asking that the frames be given a roughened, weathered look and stained puffin blue to remind them of old fishing boats back home in Greece!). Unsurprisingly, the negatives for this production are precious (i.e. in a Bank deposit box). Our family has negatives from the 1940s (including several of my late father in uniform as a Leading Aircraftsman in WWII) and into the 1980s when I, as the only person stepping forth with a burgeoning interest in photography, switched to reversal (Kodachrome 200), with only occasional use of B&W negative film. One day... I don't know when... we'll have to get some of these printed.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin