Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,868   Online: 898

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jolefler View Post
    Found a cracked porcelain bulb receptacle, a cracked relector on the bulb, burned contacts inside the porcelain, and a blackened portion of the halogen lamp itself....maybe I don't suck as badly as I thought!

Now to rig it up again

Jo
    If you got any prints with that, you must be a genius!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Praise the Lord ....

And pass the electronic parts. Now to the web to find replacement porcelain sockets.

Yep, Nicholas, it's a 12v deal, all else looks good, Thanks!

I used it in the last four printing sessions, before I went mad....mad, frothing at the mouth, mad I tell you Steve!

Jo

Shooter
    35mm
    Jo,I hope you have success in your search but if not then you might try cleaning the two prongs on the bulb and the inside of the porcelain holder( the female end) can be cleaned with a small jeweller's round file or in the last resort with some wire-wool wrapped around a thick sewing needle. Well it worked in my Durst 605.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Jo,I hope you have success in your search but if not then you might try cleaning the two prongs on the bulb and the inside of the porcelain holder( the female end) can be cleaned with a small jeweller's round file or in the last resort with some wire-wool wrapped around a thick sewing needle. Well it worked in my Durst 605.

pentaxuser
    The female socket is broken and one of the two contacts is burned away (I presume from arcing). I've got it rigged with make-do connectors fashioned from copper butt splices until I can come up with a replacement. One of my bulb suppliers has porcelain sockets; I've got an inquery in for the part # appropriate for the proper bulb. Big thanks!

Jo

Shooter
    35mm
    This talk about the socket sparked off my memory. I just checked the documentation for the colour-head (which uses 100w halogen bulbs) and it states the the socket is to be changed with every third bulb. Now I know why !

I suppose the socket change is necessary because of the high working-temperature and the high current associated with halogen bulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Now THAT's good to know!

I'll order a few! I don't have a manual for the enlarger, so Thanks, Martin!

Jo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

prints

I do one print in a session....have done more than that with azo and amidol....up to 5 different prints..for a total of 50 in a day....very out of the ordinary for me (that's contact printing for ya!)
    Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin